After RFE response AVM Message confusing. Give your experience

ND-01-046

My attorneys responded to the RFE on Sept 27. I checked the AVM message yesterday to find out if they have registered our reply to their RFE. The AVM message was updated but confusing.
It said" On Oct 1 we received your response to the RFE sent by us. It takes between 365 to 540 days to process such case. However, since we have done some preliminary processing we expect the processing should take 540 days" Any experience on the AVM message after RFE response??

I am in same boat

My AVM message says the same thing. From reading other posted messages, it seems as though we cannot trust the updated AVM message.

Prior to September, it used to be that in most cases, after responding to RFE, it took between 1 days to 4 weeks to get case approved. Since September, I have seen very few RFE cases get approved, and those take from 5 weeks to 9 weeks.

When I called IIO over a week ago, I was told to wait 60 days before anything happened. Also, with processing stopped all last week, who knows how much longer it will be for us.

Mine too...

Added to that in the end says " You will receive a written decision in this case". Does AVM msg for you guys say the same ?
With thanks

No Title

This is a pretty standard message. Don\'t worry about it. You should get your approval soon.

No Title

Same message for me....VSC did received the RFE on Sep 20, 2001. Still waiting patiently. Spoke to NJ-Senetor\'s office last week,
I was told to call-back on wednesday (10/08/01) to get some answers.

Regards,

A.K. Islam

Does it help?

Hi Islam,

Do you think contact senetors office will speed up the processing.

thanks in advance

Me, too

Same AVM message and let people worry about. BTW, A.K. Islam, what\'s the senator\'s phone number and name you contact with? Yeah, does, it really work out?

Thanks.

H. Wan

No Title

Hao:

Of course it does helps a lot. First of all, they have direct contact to the director of the Service Center. They (senetor\'s office) can get the correct info about any case.

By the way, from which State you belong.

Regards,

A.K. Islam

No Title

I am from NJ. My plan is to wait for two weeks from the receipt of RFE by VSC
and then contact the senetors office.

thanks

No Title

Hominid:

What is your received date of RFE? The Senetor Robert Toreccelli office in Newark, NJ is (973)-624-5555. Talk to Ms. Colleen (she deals with INS issues).

Regards,

A.K. Islam.

No Title

thanks Islam.
AVM said it was send on Aug 17th. My lawyer received it about a month (mid Sep) after that.

No Title

I am in NJ, RD: 10/00, RD: 11/00. RFE date: 09/01. You mean VSC to ask IIO there?

Thanks

H. Wan