after oath letter

newdawn

Registered Users (C)
What could possibly go wrong, if anything, between receipt of oath letter and the oath ceremony? Any possibility of cancellation, withdrawal of approval, etc.? I am not talking about applicant's activity making him/her ineligible for naturalization.

A big asteroid could hit the earth ;)

I think your question falls in the realm of worrying a bit too much. However, if I had to venture anything, I think USCIS runs some quality control programs, perhaps your application could fall under quality control scrutiny and if it is found that something was overlooked during interview or processing it could lead to "revoking" the oath letter. This is pure speculation, as I have never heard of such case, however your question was purely speculative, so it is fit that the answer is speculative too ;)

My 2 cents.

Asteroid

A big asteroid could hit the earth ;)

I think your question falls in the realm of worrying a bit too much. However, if I had to venture anything, I think USCIS runs some quality control programs, perhaps your application could fall under quality control scrutiny and if it is found that something was overlooked during interview or processing it could lead to "revoking" the oath letter. This is pure speculation, as I have never heard of such case, however your question was purely speculative, so it is fit that the answer is speculative too ;)

My 2 cents.

hmm... I see your point. Thanks for your 2 cents.

Someone can commit a crime or a serious driving violation, or get married. USCIS will aske you about these things on the back of your oath letter that you would turn at the time of oath.

If there is a red flag, they would look at it more closely.

I think newdawn wanted to narrow down the responses to things outside the applicant's control. I mean, DUI, crimes, things like that are arguably under the applicant's control, or actions. I think newdawn was more concerned about things USCIS would do on their own, but it's good that we're bringing this thread up. I would like to see if someone can share any experience about this. I don't remember any case like this, but it could potentially happen.

exactly

I think newdawn wanted to narrow down the responses to things outside the applicant's control. I mean, DUI, crimes, things like that are arguably under the applicant's control, or actions. I think newdawn was more concerned about things USCIS would do on their own, but it's good that we're bringing this thread up. I would like to see if someone can share any experience about this. I don't remember any case like this, but it could potentially happen.

You nailed it. Thanks Huracan. Would like to see if anyone had such an experience, I really hope not, it is sad to have issues at such a last stage.

The thing is...

You are no longer really visible to them. They've decided to let you in and, as far as I know, there is no process for them to think about you any more. I've been hanging around on this forum for a while and I don't recall anyone having problems at this stage.

That said, it is the USCIS. I remember while I was waiting for the oath, I was extra-cautious driving (and just about everything else). I wanted absolutely no reason for them to do anything but hand me my natz cert at the oath ceremony.

Breath easier - Good luck