After I-485 is filed can I-140 PD used from old company?

waiter_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Company - A I-140 is pending which has 2003 priority date in EB3 and for company - B I-140 is approved which is 2006 EB2 priority date. Now I am going to adjust with company - B for I-485 since it is current.

After I apply for I - 485 in company - B, can I ammend the priority date from company - A once the I - 140 of company - A is approved.

Will appreciate if anyone can help on replying this as this becomes a tricky decision not to miss the priority but at the same time not to loose the I-485 current availability.

Thanks in advance:)

You can not chanhe the PD

When you have applied for GC among two categories such as in your case EB2 and EB3 then priority dates for this are not interchangeable.You can transfer PD only when both are off the same category

Hi,

I checked with one attorney on a consultation. The attorney told that:
- It is possible to have EB3 PD moved to EB2 provided both the I-140 are approved.
- However, the attorney was not positive but little doubtful about doing the PD transfer if I-485 is applied in EB2 and after that EB3 I-140 gets approved.

So, the exact question is whether PD can be transferred from another I-140to the one where I applied I-485 already? If anyone has experience in this aspect, will appreciate if it can be shared.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Urgent!!! Need Help On This...

Hi,

Can anyone give some direction on this? I need to do my transfer of company based on this factor

Advance thanks for your help.

Regards
:)