After constantly calling...........

kamboi

Registered Users (C)
...today I got an e-mail from CIS, and checked my status online an d below is what it said.

Current Status:

On October 6, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

hey kamboi , congrats ...
is the card backdated a year and can you tell us the Service Center ...
thanx a lot

clisp said:
hey kamboi , congrats ...
is the card backdated a year and can you tell us the Service Center ...
thanx a lot

haven't received it yet, but i do i will post the info. from what i can tell on the temporary white card it was backdated to 11/2002. so hopefully the card will be the same.

kamboi said:
haven't received it yet, but i do i will post the info. from what i can tell on the temporary white card it was backdated to 11/2002. so hopefully the card will be the same.

here's what I got today. I'll see how long it takes in the mail.

Current Status:

On October 8, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new
card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this
card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please
call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

kamboi said:
here's what I got today. I'll see how long it takes in the mail.

Current Status:

On October 8, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new
card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this
card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please
call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

So yesterday October 12, I received my card in the mail. So it took 4 days (weekend plus holiday on Monday). I am so relieved now.

yes it was backdated one year from my approval date of 11/10/2003. On the card it says Resident Since:11/10/2002. The expiration is 10/8/2014, so it is 10 years from card issue not approval issue. good luck to all of you still waiting for your actual cards and to those waiting for approval. It's a new begining for me.