. After 6 Weeks of interview can I ask consulate whereabouts of landing papers

shahryar hussain

Registered Users (C)
Say If after 6 weeks of interview and depositing landing fee , I haven\'t get any landing papers and I am worried whether it missed on the way of mailng, Can I contact consulate for asking whereabouts of my interview outcome/landing paper?
Would it have any negetive impact on processing of my application?

If there is a way for asking consulate without affecting processing of application, what is the best one?

If there is one, can anybody please advise me?

No Title

If your Interview was conducted by NYC consulate then they tell after the interview that you have cleared it if the reject then they send rejection letter in one week, normaly NYC sends landing paper after 6-8 weeks if they have got Medical report from ottawa and background is cleared but I have seen in case of my friend that his Landing document was signed after 4 weeks of Interview when he recieved it and looked at the date when it was signed by visa officer, but it was posted after 3 weeks, so it was delayed by dispach clerck. you can write to them or fax them but they will NOT reply it will make them to look into computer if your case has been approved and it will not harm you, but they will only Reply if they need any document from your side.If it was NYC consulate then I hope that your case has been approved otherwise after interview with in 7 days you might have gor rejection letter. just wait for 2-3 weeks.
Good luck!!

how much time did it take for the interview to be scheduled

Hi Hussain,

My file just got transferred to new york, how much time will it take for the interview to be scheduled?

Thanks..

It may take at least 6 months

Hi H1bHelper,

My file was transferred to NYC from Buffalo in March,2001 and interview was held in Sept,2001.