Affidavit

karachi

Registered Users (C)
I am filing 1-130, 131 and 485 for my Mom, should I submit 864 (affidavit of support) along with these form INS will ask me later to submit it.

Thanks BillG

I do not have all documents for affidavit at this time, will they send my application back or will they send REF later. Thanks

karachi said:
I do not have all documents for affidavit at this time, will they send my application back or will they send REF later. Thanks
Without I864, they will send your application back since its not complete. I f you forget to attach copy of Birth Cert. or Marriage Cert. then they will send you a RFE since application is complete but supporting docs are missing.

My understanding is 864 is required at the time of interview.

Scenario # 1
USC is sponsering relatives who are outside US.
this is becz CP process, and I believe 130 form have no instruction to send 864 along with.

Scenario #2
USC is sponserign relatives who are present in US.
One of person I know who filed and 864 is only asked at the time of interview. his attorney never filed 864 before.

Btw many ppl shared even Manadatory doc were not sent along with applicaiton and they accepted it and later sent RFE to them

I belive in family bases cases almost all receive interview call and 864 is only reqiured at that time. correct my understanding, if I am not aware of somthing.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: