affidavit of support

mehta

Registered Users (C)
My friend has filed for the green card for her parents. She is a citizen.
She has to file the affidavit of support - I-864. However her financial statement is not very strong.

Will the BCIS accept her brother-in-law's (who is financially strong and can guarantee support) affidavit of suppport even though he is not the petitioner.

Originally posted by mehta
My friend has filed for the green card for her parents. She is a citizen.
She has to file the affidavit of support - I-864. However her financial statement is not very strong.

Will the BCIS accept her brother-in-law's (who is financially strong and can guarantee support) affidavit of suppport even though he is not the petitioner.

Yes, I believe the brother-in-law can. Your friend will still file an I-864. The bother-in-law will file an I-864 also. They will both sign an I-864A.

what if the girl hasn't filed a tax return yet? like if she's still young and hasn't worked yet but is old enough to get married like 18 years old?

does she still has to fill up the form or just have a joint sponsor
?

Originally posted by azhlar717
what if the girl hasn't filed a tax return yet? like if she's still young and hasn't worked yet but is old enough to get married like 18 years old?

does she still has to fill up the form or just have a joint sponsor
?

She still must complete the I-864 since she's the one filing the petition. Her income will be indicated as a $0 and she should write a letter explaining that there are no tax returns to submit because she hasn't filed in the past three years.