• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of support

ghsam

Registered Users (C)
Is it a key requirment for DV winners to present an affidavit of support during interview. If so why is it not listed as part of the document to present at the interview.:confused:

having the same trouble

Pls i need an answer as well, seriuosly disturbed. But I saw shwhere where they say it is not required for DV programme.

Hello guys...! affidavit of support is required for married applicants and they don't usually tend to ask single applicants about it but who knows you might be one of those rare cases where they ask about it so try to secure one on ur interview date ...
P.s: Don't completely relay on my informations :)

How do reconcile your response with this statement I found from the state department website ie ''Diversity Visa Program :-Visas provided are drawn from countries with low rates of immigration to the U.S. Unlike other immigrant types, Diversity Visas (DV) do not require a U.S. sponsor, and therefore a petition is not needed.''

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys...! affidavit of support is required for married applicants and they don't usually tend to ask single applicants about it but who knows you might be one of those rare cases where they ask about it so try to secure one on ur interview date ...
P.s: Don't completely relay on my informations :)

It is not required. You only need it if you cannot prove that you have enough $$ to support youself in the first few months in US. They do not want you to become a burden for US taxpayers. A friend of mine went for interview as married with 3 children. They did not ask for an affidavit of support.

Firi is right, it is not required per se, however they might ask you to provide it if you fail to persuade a consular officer that you are capable of supporting yourself, i.e. have enough money in the bank for settling and possess the skills to be able to secure a job when you arrive. For example, they most certainly will ask for affidavit a person with wife and kids, who does not speak English and does not have any savings.

Firi is right, it is not required per se, however they might ask you to provide it if you fail to persuade a consular officer that you are capable of supporting yourself, i.e. have enough money in the bank for settling and possess the skills to be able to secure a job when you arrive. For example, they most certainly will ask for affidavit a person with wife and kids, who does not speak English and does not have any savings.

How many months bank statement do i require to convince the CO