affidavit of support

Ferns

I'm in the UK and my fiance is in the US. I'm trying to get my head round the affidavit of support requirements. She doesn't quiete make the 125% mark so we will be using co-sponsors.

Her daughter and son in law will help. There are the two of them in their house, both working, plus my fiances son lives with them and is also working. Would I be correct in thinking that we're looking at 125% of the official poverty figure, for four people, her daughter and son in law, her son and myself.

Any advice gratefully received.

For K3 vis application, the Affidavit of Support should be form Form I-134 - Affidavit of Support, not form I-864. But the following "One-Year" Tax Return should be same for Form I-134 also:

USCIS Accepts Latest "One-Year" Tax Return (Not Three Years) for Affidavit of Support I-864 Supporting Documentation. The USCIS has changed its policy for supporting financial documents for Affidavit of Support, I-864, from the three-year tax returns to one-year tax return if the latest tax return establishes 125% of poverty guideline income.

This will help tremendously those family immigration sponsors or co-sponsors or joint sponsors who were without income or insufficient income two or three years back but currently have sufficient income during the past one year. See www.greencardfamily.com/news/news2005/news2005_1221.htm