Affidavit of Support

Glorya

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Was wondering something. My husband just started working full-time. Before that he was a full-time student. When we sent the application in, we forgot to include my pay stubs and employer's letter so we got RFE letter requestiong those papers. My income alone exceeds requirement and our combined income is really good. BTW, my hubby didn't file taxes while he was a student so we can't back up our application with tax forms. I never filed because I was au-pair and I didn't have to. We'll file together in FEB for the first time. I have really important question if you can help me. Can my husband sponsor me (if we exclude my income, have in mind that he makes more then the requirement) considering he just started working after a while? I am still working without a permit (and paying my taxes because I have valid&unrestricted SS#), this is a long story so please don't lecture about it. My husband called immigration and they told him that my income qualifies regardless of the fact that I am working without a permit. So, just in case if somebody makes a question at a later date, will my husband's employment be enough for sponsorship? We both really prefer to do this without involving any joint sponsors. We'll appreciate your advice.

Thanks

I / and speaking for the rest of us here - We really dont understand your question .
How did you get a unrestricted SS # , and how could you work without a EAD ?
Unless you filed for taxes , you really cannot prove your income . This is a very important document USCIS would need .You said that you were "au-pair and I didn't have to " file for taxes .. I really dont think you can get away from that .

Please understand that this board has some values and ethics . We try to go by what the law says .. and in most cases we go beyond the requirements of the law , that keeps us away from trouble .

I believe you broke the law , and you did it knowingly .. and you also have a request in your message that says "please don't lecture about it" .. You are on your own then , because most of us here waited to get an EAD and did it the right way ...

I know that I really could not help , but I do hope someone else will throw some light on your questions .

You are manupulative and seem to have your ducks in a ______ . .. He ( USC Husband ) makes enough money , and you know that .. So what exactly is your question ? :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glorya said:
Hi guys,

Was wondering something. My husband just started working full-time. Before that he was a full-time student. When we sent the application in, we forgot to include my pay stubs and employer's letter so we got RFE letter requestiong those papers. My income alone exceeds requirement and our combined income is really good. BTW, my hubby didn't file taxes while he was a student so we can't back up our application with tax forms. I never filed because I was au-pair and I didn't have to. We'll file together in FEB for the first time. I have really important question if you can help me. Can my husband sponsor me (if we exclude my income, have in mind that he makes more then the requirement) considering he just started working after a while? I am still working without a permit (and paying my taxes because I have valid&unrestricted SS#), this is a long story so please don't lecture about it. My husband called immigration and they told him that my income qualifies regardless of the fact that I am working without a permit. So, just in case if somebody makes a question at a later date, will my husband's employment be enough for sponsorship? We both really prefer to do this without involving any joint sponsors. We'll appreciate your advice.

Thanks

What is your question here ???

My question is... Can my husband sponsor me considering he just started working and makes more than the requirement? Au-pairs don't file taxes and I got unrestricted SS # as au-pair. That's how that works. Regarding taxes, I am getting regular pay stub with all deductions stated on it.

I dont know much about working with a valid SS # but no EAD while on AOS .
I suggest that you wait for someone to reply to your question .