• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

affidavit of support

znaty

Registered Users (C)
hello everybody

do you know if the affidavit of support form (I -134 ) has an expire time or not ?

if my interview will be in Augest or September , can i make this form and notarize it these days ( 7 months before )

note that this form state that the sponsor must support the immigrant for 3 years just after his arrival to USA

thanks in advance for your time

znaty

znaty said:
hello everybody

do you know if the affidavit of support form (I -134 ) has an expire time or not ?

if my interview will be in Augest or September , can i make this form and notarize it these days ( 7 months before )

note that this form state that the sponsor must support the immigrant for 3 years just after his arrival to USA

thanks in advance for your time

znaty

Hi Znaty, Did you ever get a response to this question. Or did you find out from anyone else In Cairo?? Im also hoping my interview will be in August/Sept AF32XXX. Please let me know... Thanks

woooow , you are a very good hestory reader :)

yes . i did , and also i found a lot of freinds in Egypt

1-134 has 1 year validation since its notaraization

second important thing in Cairo , they dont ask for any affidavit of supprot even bank statments anymore , they returned any financial documents to the applicants at the first window saying this type of immigration doesnt need any support documents anymore

2 of my freinds told me that and they got the visa this month already

good luck

cheers

znaty said:

second important thing in Cairo , they dont ask for any affidavit of supprot even bank statments anymore , they returned any financial documents to the applicants at the first window saying this type of immigration doesnt need any support documents anymore

good luck

cheers

Hi Znaty,

Reading the history of this forum keeps me quite informed. I think its best to try and collect as much dox as possible. Its better than getting to the interview and being asked "Where is your avidavit of support??" :eek: Thanks for the info.

znaty said:

good luck

cheers
Hi Znaty,
I just spoke to an INS officer a couple of days ago ( DV 2006 winner, doing AOS), and she told me that i don't need I-134 and even the customer service rep. of the INS told me he never heard of such a form being requested. Weired Huh!
I'm the main applicant and my husband is the co-applicant, he got his interview date but i didn't yet. He was asked to bring an I-134 if he wasn't employed.
It's a little confusing for me now, not sure if i need one or not since i'm not employed.

HI dear

i am not sure about AOS requirments , but i am sure since beginig of 2006 , they dont need I 134 anymore , but before jan 2006 it was a basic requirment in any embassy of usa for DV applicant , or bank account or job offer

anyway , i recommend to get one just in case , its life chance , or a good bank statment , as i said ( just in case )

all my wishes for you of GOOD LUCK :)