Affidavit of support

Prinny

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the affidavit of support.
I've had my interview and my petition for marriage was approved.
I will get my green card as soon as I send in a new affidavit of support
(there was a problem with my previous one I think one of the sponsors did not get it notarized.)

Anyway, what they told me to do was have my 1st sponsor, (my husband) submit an affidavit of support along with a letter saying he didn't make enough last year to qualify as the only sponsor and have the second sponsor also submit an affidavit of support. My first question is, does the affidavit of support require supporting evidence (tax returns etc) if you're just proving you can support or proving you can't support by yourself as well? I'm trying to find out if I need to get a copy of my husbands tax return or not. If I do need to, will the free transcript do? Or should I pay the 40$ to get the exact copy? I only have less than 90 days to resubmit the affidavit of support and the exact copy can take 60 or more days to get. >_<

Thank you for any help you can offer. I did not see the answer to this in my FAQ search, hopefully I did not just overlook it.

Prinny said:
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the affidavit of support.
I've had my interview and my petition for marriage was approved.
I will get my green card as soon as I send in a new affidavit of support
(there was a problem with my previous one I think one of the sponsors did not get it notarized.)

Anyway, what they told me to do was have my 1st sponsor, (my husband) submit an affidavit of support along with a letter saying he didn't make enough last year to qualify as the only sponsor and have the second sponsor also submit an affidavit of support. My first question is, does the affidavit of support require supporting evidence (tax returns etc) if you're just proving you can support or proving you can't support by yourself as well? I'm trying to find out if I need to get a copy of my husbands tax return or not. If I do need to, will the free transcript do? Or should I pay the 40$ to get the exact copy? I only have less than 90 days to resubmit the affidavit of support and the exact copy can take 60 or more days to get. >_<

Thank you for any help you can offer. I did not see the answer to this in my FAQ search, hopefully I did not just overlook it.

Free transcript will Do. You need tax returns of both first and second sponsor

Thank you very much!
I can't wait to get my greencard, I haven't been back to my home
country in nearly 3 years, I'm hoping I'll be able to visit there this summer
:)