Affidavit of Support

redsoxfan

Registered Users (C)
I have my GC interview and would really appreciate if someone can help me regarding the content and text of the "affidavit of support document " should have.

Thanks.

redsoxfan

Hi,

First of all i would like to ask you some questions:- if this greencard interview thru family relative or employment based.
IF its thru Family then you'll need the following:-
1. petioner fill out I-864. where his income must be 125% over poverty line. If your petitioner is not over 125%, then he/she can use assets to prove his income status. or you can have a joint sponsor.

If its thru employment, then your employer will fill it out... you don't have to worry about it.

Let me know if you have any other question

My GC is thru family.

The Appointment letter for the interview has an attachment and it does not state that i need to fill out and bring the I-864 with me. Please expalin if its mandatory for me to fill it out and take it with me and how much is 125% above poverty line?

Hi,

Here is the overview of whats needed in affidavit of support.

I assume that someone related to you must have filed a I-130 petition for you. Now before, you received your package 3, your petitioner must have received I-864. It's the petitioner who has to file the I-864. YOU PERSONALLY CANNOT FILE IT.

If you're going to Indian consulate, then you have to take that completed I-864 application with you, otherwise it would cause some delay in your case.

Here is a web-site, check it out, its useful.
http://travel.state.gov/i864gen.html

If you have any more question, don't hesistate to ask me....