Affidavit of Support

AugVSC

Registered Users (C)
Hi:
  I am new to this discussion board. I saw my friend submitted the affidavit of support in her I485 package. She told me her husband is a dependent so she has to file the affidavit of support for him. I have a dependent but my lawyer didn\'t ask me to fill out that form. I didn\'t even include W2, tax returns, pay stubs which my friend included in her package. Are those necessary? I filed my I485 at the end of August. Lawyer told me that they received receipt in Nov but till now, I still haven\'t receive a copy from them. At that time, I was told that I could apply EAD and AP at Boston INS so I didn\'t take my lawyer advise to file it along with my I485. (Of course I didn\'t know it took such a long time to receive a receipt) My lawyer still doesn\'t think that Boston INS will take any walk-in cases. Anyway, my big concern is by not submitting affidavit of support, W2, tax returns and pay stubs will create any problem for me in future? (ie, RFE?)

Also, I hope I can get the copy of our receipts this week so that my wife and I can apply EAD & AP. What documents should I prepare to apply EAD & AP at Boston INS? Did anyone go there to apply EAD & AP recently? Can you please share your experience?

I really need some advise. Please help. Thank you.

No Title

You can get your EAD and AP same day from Boston INS office. But you need the copy of your receipt.

W2\'s tax returns, pay stubs are not really needed but it does not hurt to send along I-485. Somecases it might help in avoiding RFE later down the road.

Affidavit of support is another one page form which you need to sign and send along with your I-485. You need to send this along for your dependent.

What should I do?

The lawyer already submitted the package and he told me he already received the receipt (which I am yet to receive from the mail.)

I just sent him an e-mail asking him about the affidavit of support. Come to think about it, I am mad because I trusted him that he should know better than I do. It seems to me that my lawyer is not that competant after all.

I guess my wife will get RFE?

Don\'t worry.

Hi AugVSX,

I don\'t think you need to worry on this score. Many of my friends have filed like this and no one had a problem because of that. Please have belief in your Lawyer and relax. Everything will follow its natural course.

THANKS!

It\'s a relief...

My lawyer told me that those are not necessary as long as my salary is clearly stated on my employment letter.

Don\'t worry - AugVSC

INS no longer needs u to have all the TAX returns .......... Initially it was needed to verify that u are paying taxes. But starting this year INS and IRS have been linked and they no longer need u to have all the tax related documents. Even 9003 might not be needed.

Secondly why it took so long to get the receipt ? U will here all the different stories. But if u call IIO. He will be able to give u correct answer. Some time Lawyers make mistakes like not signing the application etc......And application is Kicked back to Lawyer and u at the frontend is totally transparent about the situation. Some time receipts are not generated for mailing.... So if u need to know the reality call IIO. I had my AP approved but still waiting for 485 receipts.