Affidavit Of Support Questions

Anitha R

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I am planning to invite my parents for a visit here and i had some questions regarding this:

1. Is it enough to send the bank statement that we recieve every month or do we have to get a different statement from the bank?

2. I personlly do not own stock but my husband does. Since i am the one who is sending the AOS, do i still have to send all that info?

3. I work as a contractor on an hourly basis. As far as the yearly income on the AOS, can i just state the approx for a year that i would recieve?

4. Also, on the AOS form, there is a section where you say that you will provide board and room for the person during their stay here and what amount of money would be provided etc.... - Can anyone guide me as to what needs to go in here?

My father is a professor and is planning to visit with some universities while he is here to see if he can get some partnerships with his university.....He is planning to come on a business visa and my mother ,who will accompany him, on a tourist visa. I am a little concerned as to whether they will have issues getting visa since the visa types are different. My father has been here quite a few times before but it is the first for my mother....What do you all think? Please post your opinions.

Thanks
-Anitha

Hi AnithaR

These are couple of sample letters I used in the past for my mother in law's visit about 6 months ago. these may help. I found them on one of the visa web sites at that time.

Date:12/18/2000
Name: your name
1234,your street
your city, state zip
USA.
Phones: (Work): (xxx)xxx-xxxx
(Home): (xxx)xxx-xxxx
E-mail: if available

To,
The American Consulate General,
Chennai, India.

Sub: Request for tourist visa to my (name/s of relatives).

Dear Sir/Madam,

I xxxxxxxxxxx, working as a xxxxxxxx for xxxx (companyand address). My annual income is $xx,000. I would like to invite my xxxxx(name) residing at xxxx(address of relative). to visit us in USA for about six months. The purpose of the visit is social as well as tourism within USA. During ther visit, they will stay with us at the above address, and I will bear all their expenses including the round trip air fare to USA, food, housing, travel within USA, medical insurance and their all other personal expenses.

I will make sure that they leave United States before the expiration of their authorized stay. Kindly grant them the tourist visa.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via telephone or e-mail if you have any questions.

Thanking You,

your name

Enclosures:
· Notarized Affidavit of Support, Form I-134.
· Copy of my I- 485 receipt pending AOS
· Copy of my Passport, Visa along with I-94.
· Letter of employment.
· Copies of last two salary statements.
· Copy of my recent Bank statement and stock asset statement.
· Bank Account verification letter.
· Copies of last two years Tax Returns statement -W2form.

Date <: 18th Dec 2000 >
< Your name >
<Your Full address >
USA.

Phone Numbers:
(Work): < (xxx)-xxx-xxxx >
(Home): < (xxx)-xxx-xxxx >
email : <email address>

To,
< Visitors name >
< Visitor's Address >

Dear < Mummy, Daddy>

I am doing fine, and hope the same for you. I am inviting you to visit us and spend your vacation in USA with us. During your stay, we would visit various tourist places in USA such as New York, Washington DC, Niagara Falls, Las Vegas, Las Angeles, Disney Land etc. It will also be an opportunity for you to see and experience the American culture, meet different kinds of people and different variety of food.

I will be taking care of your entire USA tour expenses, including the round trip air fare to USA, food, housing, travel within USA, medical insurance and all your other personal expenses. You will be staying with us at our above given residential address.

Herewith I'm sending all the required documents for getting the necessary tourist visa from the US Consulate, < New Delhi.>

I am eagerly waiting for your arrival in USA.

Your <Loving>

( Your Name)

[Your Company Letter Head]