• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of support not necessary?

slovenian

Registered Users (C)
Hello y'all! I called the American embassy in Croatia (since that is where I'll have my interview, probably in March) and asked them about affidavit of support. A very nice Croatian lady told me that it was NOT required anymore unless they determine you're not well educated or hardly speak any English. I asked her about how much money I should have on my bank account if I chose this option and she said that there is no set amount. Can any 2008 DV winners (or winners from previous years) from Slovenia, Croatia or Bosnia who have already had the interview confirm this information? What was your interview experience?

Have a nice day,

You need approx $16 500 US in Savings at the time.

No Exceptions, They are judging you on the current Poverty Wage in America, you must have at least as much or more than $16 500.

Hi ,

as for this Affidait o support. I have different info from people who went trough interview. From those who have not been asked to present any proof to those who were asked to present I-134 along with money at their bank account. Anyhow, if you want to present your balance at the bank here is the official link for poverty guideline which shows exactly how much money you need. ( refer to 125 % )
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1327.html

Me and my family ( three of us ) also chose to present bank account statement and as for us we need at least 21.463,00 USD.

Hope this helps

rgs
Zlatan

Thanks for your responses!

Well, that was exactly my question to the embassy lady, if I needed to have around 16,000 $ on my account because that is what I've read mostly on this forum (and it freaked me out), but she said no and was kind of amused about it; she said that "poverty line yearly minimum" is for the SPONSOR and not for the person that is the GC winner coming to the interview. She said that people coming to the interview had from 300 to 5000EUR on their accounts. But I don't know, maybe that's just for this region and they evaluate each applicant differently.

I just hate having to ask people for sponsorship! So awkward...

she said that "poverty line yearly minimum" is for the SPONSOR and not for the person that is the GC winner coming to the interview.
This means that if you don't have this much money and not a job offer, then you NEED a sponsor...

hii guys,
i know afriend in Egypt who has called the embassy and he already assure what Slovenian says about they don't ask for the affidavit of support or any minimum account.
i think that would eas processing the case for alot whom doesnt have the 16000$.