do i need a join sponsor??
because it requires the past 3years of her income tax return

thanks in advance

speed888 said:
if my spouse has only 2years of income tax return
do i need a join sponsor??
because it requires the past 3years of her income tax return

thanks in advance

Current requirement is to send tax return docs for only the most recent tax year. You are good to go as only one is needed.

ari4u said:
Current requirement is to send tax return docs for only the most recent tax year. You are good to go as only one is needed.

only the recent tax year?
coz it still says on their website the 3yrs tax return

and my other question is my sponsors income for the most recent tax yr is above the poverty line but the 2nd year is below the poverty line

so does that mean i need a joint sponsor?

speed888 said:
only the recent tax year?
coz it still says on their website the 3yrs tax return

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/AffSupprt112305.pdf
This memorandum notifies adjudicators that USCIS has determined, as permitted by section 213A(f)(6)(B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (Act), that a person completing an Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) on behalf of an adjustment of status applicant is only required to file one Federal income tax return, for the tax year that is most recent as of the date the Form I-864 was signed, rather than having to submit a Federal income tax return for each of the three most recent tax years.

and my other question is my sponsors income for the most recent tax yr is above the poverty line but the 2nd year is below the poverty line

so does that mean i need a joint sponsor?
You dont need a joint sponsor.

How about I-864A

My spouse (u.s.a.) signed I-864 and I signed I-864A because I make the most of income in our joint tax return. So, only last year's (2005) tax transcript is sufficient?

GodSaveMe said:
My spouse (u.s.a.) signed I-864 and I signed I-864A because I make the most of income in our joint tax return. So, only last year's (2005) tax transcript is sufficient?

Yes only the latest TY's transcript is sufficient.