Affidavit of support for I 130 application

achintshah

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I recently made an I 130 application for my mother who is 68 year old , resides in India and needs caring for. For the past 3 years I have only been working 5 months out of the year having a gross income of $15, 000. The remainder of the year I go to India to be with my mom and take care of her . I am single and unmarried . Under that affidavit of support I need to meet a minimum of $20000 poverty line limit for the affidavit of support and her green card application. I am financially in a decent place as I was working full time prior to 2012 and have money from selling of my home in California and also owning a home in Florida under my mothers name and my name jointly with no outstanding mortgages or payments . Is there anyway I can either cover this shortfall on my 2016 tax returns or something else to make sure my mothers application does not get rejected . I would really appreciate any help from this forum . Thanking you in advance

What is the salary of your job when you are working? If that is enough and you are working when you submit the Affidavit of Support, it may be enough.

If you have Current Job with salary More than $20,000 you will be fine ..For Past 3 years if you have Income in India I guess you can show that income in tax returns that may be helpful ....