Affidavit of support -FB4 Category

Rajat

Registered Users (C)
My uncle (US CITIZEN) applied for GC for my parents in Jan. 1990 (India-FB4 category). One week back he received a mail from Nebraska Service center to fill out an affidavit of support form for my parents. He already sent to them. My question is as follows:
According to visa bulletin, INS is currently processing applicants for FB4(India)who applied on May 01, 1989. So why INS is asking affidavit of support from my uncle that early? or, My parents GC will get processed once INS will receive all the forms from my uncle?

Thanks for the reply.

Rajat

NVC appears to be preparing for visa issuance

from the dates you list, it would be reasonable to assume the visa will become available next year. depending on how many visas are left to issue this year, the visa might become available in the fall. NVC probably estimates how long it takes for the sponsors to return their forms. My best guess is the NVC is preparing to have the visa petition ready to ship to the US Embassy when the visa becomes available, instead of waiting till the visa is available to send forms for the sponsor and family to process.

This is good thing! some friends of mine (US citizens) had trouble obtaining sufficient income documentation for financial sponsors and took more than a year to get the I-130 out of the NVC. (NVC was quick! Friends took a long time to return....)

Rajat

also have a petition filed by my sis in Oct.1990. I am curious to know your parents case # so that I can calculate the number of cases pending between the two and accordingly calculate when I will get my papers. you may send the details to my email rana8689@hotmail.com Although the website shows May 89 there are some cases of July 89 processed so you can expect the papers to get cleared faster. Write to me at the above email.