• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of support ?!!! DV!

Guarantee of not becoming public charge!

Hello there :)

My interview will be on monday i have all the documents ready with me now but i stil have one question: Do DV winner have to bring "affidavit of support" to the embassy? in the Instructions for Selectees page they didn't mention it, but reading this thread for FerasAwad interview experience, i found that they asked for one? please take in account that i'm single and he's married!???

In order to give you the visa, they need proof from you that once you're in US, you won't become a public charge. You won't apply for health and social services from the US government. You need to show that you have some sort of skills, degree which would help you get a job there. You can also show your bank balance, assets etc which would help you settle there. Affidavit of support is not compulsory, I guess. If you have education/degree, skills, work experience etc, I think you would be able to convince the to give you the visa. It also depends upon the embassy whether they want affidavit of support or not from you. Why don't you contact your Embassy!!!!

Best of luck!

In order to give you the visa, they need proof from you that once you're in US, you won't become a public charge. You won't apply for health and social services from the US government. You need to show that you have some sort of skills, degree which would help you get a job there. You can also show your bank balance, assets etc which would help you settle there. Affidavit of support is not compulsory, I guess. If you have education/degree, skills, work experience etc, I think you would be able to convince the to give you the visa. It also depends upon the embassy whether they want affidavit of support or not from you. Why don't you contact your Embassy!!!!

Best of luck!

DV dont need no affidavit of support. I read far and wide on this topic and i can authouritatively say u dont need no affidavit of support - yes its not a DV requirement. You only need affidavit of support when u are being sponsored and your sponsor(the petitioner) need provide u the affidavit of support needed for ur interview.

That said, u still need to make sure u get yourself comfortable when u arrived the US.