Affidavit of Support and Sponsorship Question

manojimm

Registered Users (C)
If one files 485 for spouse together with the Affidavit of Support, does the sponsor need to remain with the same employer till the 485 is processed?. I am asking this question since we need to provide paystubs, w-2s e.t.c with the AOS.

Regards

Manoj

manojimm said:
If one files 485 for spouse together with the Affidavit of Support, does the sponsor need to remain with the same employer till the 485 is processed?. I am asking this question since we need to provide paystubs, w-2s e.t.c with the AOS.

Regards

Manoj

As long as the sponsor provides proof that the minimum income requirements are met, it does not matter which employer the sponsor works for. It doesnt have to be the same employer either.

I got married to an US Citizen.. However I make the money and I am over the limit..
Which form should I submit to show that I dont need a sponsor..
thanks

fb1907 said:
I got married to an US Citizen.. However I make the money and I am over the limit..
Which form should I submit to show that I dont need a sponsor..
thanks

Affidavit of support needs to be completed by the USC spouse. If USC spouse does not meet the minimum income requirements, the sponsored immigrant can include his/her income to meet the minumum requirements. All that is needed to be filled is I-864A by the sposnsored immigrant (you).

Search for other posts here which describe the process in detail. Also, read instructions on the form.