Advise To Case Transfered Cases From One Ins To Other

gjr

My advise is talk to IIO first and get his reactions and follow up with the lawyer regularly. This is my experience and little different. Mine labor and i-140 got cleared from NEBRASKA, my employer and where I works/stay are in NEBRASKA. Unfortunately my lawyer mailed my 485 applications to VERMONT. Vermont issued the receipts,ead and got finger prints all fast by 5/10/2001. The real situation starts from there. Vermont sent a letter saying that your case is being transfered to NEBRASKA. Nebraska updated the AVM on 9/10/2001 saying that we received and it takes 350-380 days etc..., this message is a shock, but atleast they got the documents. I spoke to IIO, his answer was same as AVM, it is not our fault , as we got on 9/10/2001 , so this is the receipt date . I am just followed with the lawyer regularly. They spoke with the INS and they told me my case will be taken into action on jan\'2002.
finally I got reference on 1/25/2002, which is a good news to start as they opened the file and REF was for EMPLOYER LETTER TO CONFIRM STILL IAM WORKING WITH THEM. THE SAME LETTER WHICH WE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION RESEND TO INS with the current date. INS received on 2/10/2002 AND APPROVED MY CASE ON 2/25/2002. With the help of curtesy copy got stamped at DETROIT on 3/8/2002.

Please note INS NEBRASKA, is issuing references at most of the cases for EMPLOYMENT LETTER. so don\'t worry, just request your employer to give same letter with current date.

secondly Lawyers may say wait until they send orginal approval notice from the lawyer firm. This is not required for stamping, just go with curtesy copy and get stampped on passport. carry EAD/I-94/PASSPORT ETC.. my case still I am waiting for original approval from my lawyer, who yet to get some dues from employer.

in Short my I485 RD - 1/10/2001

ND 1/18/2001

FP 5/10/2001

CASE TRANSFER TO NEBRASKA FROM VERMONT ON 5/30/2001

NEBRASKA RECEIVED ON 9/10/2001

REF ON 1/25/2002

REF REPLY RECD 2/10/2002

APPROVED ON 2/25/2002
STAMPING ON PASSORT 3/8/2002 AT DETROIT.

Best of luck to every one who are waiting still.

abc

gjr

Did you get a transfer notice when your case was transfered? What was the text on the transfer notice? Did it say to "speed processing"?