Advise for mode of filing I-140

mncbabu

Registered Users (C)
My labor (EB2) was approved just a week back. I am preparing for 140/485. What is the best mode of applying 140/485? should I file concurrently (same package) or semi-concurrently(140 first and 485 next, with i140 receipt)?

Which is the best route in the current situation? Appreciate if some one posts advantage and disadvantage in both routes?

Is there any advantage in e-filing the I-140?

Last edited by a moderator:
mncbabu said:
My labor (EB2) was approved just a week back. I am preparing for 140/485. What is the best mode of applying 140/485? should I file concurrently (same package) or semi-concurrently(140 first and 485 next, with i140 receipt)?

Which is the best route in the current situation? Appreciate if some one posts advantage and disadvantage in both routes?

mcnbabu,

Good your labor is approved. This is what I did when my application was filed on April 1, 2005 and in pretty short time got my I140 approved.

1. All degree certificates including marksheets
2. Included all the previous employment experience letters.
3. Included professional certication copies like OCP, Java, IBM etc.Also any training certicates took here or at the employer's site including the one from India
4. Last two months Paystub
5. Included last two year W2 copy.

My employer included all the financialstatement relevant to them. I don't know the details.

HTH

kris

krishsur4gc

Thanks for your tips. Have you filed concurrently or semi-concurrently? Have you filed I-140 in e-filing?

mncbabu said:
Thanks for your tips. Have you filed concurrently or semi-concurrently? Have you filed I-140 in e-filing?
I filed concurrently . I not aware of e-filing. It was filed by traditional way.

regards

kris

My lawyer didn't give me a choice and went with semi-concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485. I am currently waiting for a receipt notice of the I-140 and the lawyer says it can take up to two to three months. I am working all the I-485 documents so I can be ready when the I-140 receipt arrives.

If I had a choice, I would prefer full concurrent filing so that I could have EAD approved for my spouse.

mncbabu said: