Advice on sponsorship

indianh1b

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am on a green card and would like to marry a girl who is of Indian nationality residing in the US on a H1b. What is the process of sponsoring her for a green card? Is it possible to apply change of status (I-485) in her name so that she could convert to permanent residency from her current H1-b?
And how long will it take for her to get the freedom of travelling outside the country once the sponsorship process starts?

Any good advice will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

indianh1b said:
Hi,

I am on a green card and would like to marry a girl who is of Indian nationality residing in the US on a H1b. What is the process of sponsoring her for a green card? Is it possible to apply change of status (I-485) in her name so that she could convert to permanent residency from her current H1-b?
And how long will it take for her to get the freedom of travelling outside the country once the sponsorship process starts?

Any good advice will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

As a green card holder you can sponsor your spouse as dependent in Family Based Category. It takes several years to get a green card for her. It is possible to change her status while your green card application is pending. Now it is too late. Consult a competent lawyer.