Advice on inquiry - FAX, Call or walk-in?

vikefan02

Registered Users (C)
WAC 02-036
RD 10/16/01
ND 11/13/01
FP Jan 02 (expired)
RFE Dec 02 (sent/rvd)
Not heard since

My understanding is we are 30 days over current JIT time. My lawyer is not motivated to inqire (why would he when he can continue to collect fees on EAD, AP filings as long as I am waiting) so I think I better take it into my own hands.

Do you know what is better - to fax an inquiry, call 1-800 number, or drive to Laguna Nigel? I also heard that they shut down the walk-in information thing this summer, is it true?

Please let me know your experience in inquiring. I understand that it might not help but at least it has a chance to get something going, for example, let me to do a 2nd FP. Your responses are greatly appreciated.

Driving to Laguna Nigel is useless. They won't give you amy info. I think the best way is to call 1-800 number. They usually send out an internal memo (or some sort of document) to IIOs about the status of the case and then sends out an e-mail to the applicant about the case status (as per previous postings on this forum).

Laguna Niguel has stopped walk-in enquiries since July this year. If you go there, the guard outside the main door will just give you a white pamphlet telling you about how to make an enquiry with the 800 number.

I believe that you should wait one more month before you initiate an enquiry. Too many enquiries could further delay your case.

try sending an email..I had called 1-800 no and they initiated some enquiry about pendin EAD. I got the respnose in mail after 2-3 months and now I got the RFE too.

Originally posted by gondi
I got the respnose in mail after 2-3 months

You mean it took these guys 2-3 months to respond to that inquiry initiated by 1-800 folks. It really sucks. :mad:

How long did it take your RFE to arrive after you received the response to the inquiry?

if you are behind the JIT lines, it is a good idea to ask your local congressman to inquire CSC about your specific case.