Advice on EB5

punjabi007

Registered Users (C)
I am spoken to my EB5 regional centre in chicago. They have some program where I can invest and they will start my EB5 application (526, 485 etc)
Can some one tell me what should I consider or look into this to make sure it is NOT fradulant or/and this proposed project (healthcare ) will happen or my money will be safe ( I understand my money is on risk, but still I would like to invest where If I loose my money it should be real reason.

Please help me ... How can I investigate into this

There are many Regional Centers spread across the USA. USCIS has recently released the updated list (You can get the link from a thread that I had started on 2nd January on this forum). The centers have varied businesses. Choose one that you are comfortable with. If any rep from a Regional center contacts you, ask him about their past track record (this is very important), documents to show approval by USCIS, details of the business. Compare the various Regional centers, ask for explanation and answers to your questions. If possible request them if you could speak to any one else who has invested with them etc. If any one hesitates, then best would be to dump it. After all $500K is no small amount.

In the posts I saw medical tests being mentioned. However, in the prospectus, it is mentioned that EB5 is offered irrespective of the health or other factors. My question is - will there be a situation an investor can be rejected because of not passing a medical test?

There are many Regional Centers spread across the USA. USCIS has recently released the updated list (You can get the link from a thread that I had started on 2nd January on this forum). The centers have varied businesses. Choose one that you are comfortable with. If any rep from a Regional center contacts you, ask him about their past track record (this is very important), documents to show approval by USCIS, details of the business. Compare the various Regional centers, ask for explanation and answers to your questions. If possible request them if you could speak to any one else who has invested with them etc. If any one hesitates, then best would be to dump it. After all $500K is no small amount.

If one invests in the regional center, whta are the requirements? Does one still have to show either 500,000 or 1000,000?

Whether one invests directly (by starting or buying a business) or invests through a Regional Center, proof of the source of funds (500 or 1000K) is a critical requirement. However, if one invests in aRegional Center, the other requirements are just basic - age proof, marriage proof (if you are a couple), police clearances from your country to show that there are no criminal cases against you, etc.

The EB-5 is anything but a scam. We just received approval of our I-526 petition yesterday. Contrary to what may have been written on this site, there really are few "scammers" that are involved in this program. Having said that, one should look at in depth each project to satisfy all worries, some investments naturally will be of a more sound nature than others. The difference in each regional center tends to rovolve around the return on your investment

I would look into their history. See if they have a proven track record of helping Eb5 applicants actually complete the program. Also, ask the following:

How safe is the investment and why? Are there non EB-5 investors in the project and if there are what problems might this cause?

My signature has a link to a Regional Center that will answer these questions for you along with any others you might have. Contact them and they can help you out.

Visitor visa

Visitor Visa is a non-immigrant visa issued to people entering U.S. temporarily for business (B-1), or for pleasure/ medical treatment (B-2). These are generally issued for a period of six months, but an additional maximum extension of 6 months can be granted based on the USCIS(INS) approval.

EB-5 visa, can enable you, your spouse and children under 21 to obtain permanent U.S. residency by investing $500,000 into a government designated Regional Center investment visa program. Citizenship may be obtained after five years.

Having been through the journey from being a immigrant student to a US citizen, I wish I had exercised this option after the student phase.

If the project is reliable and the people you are dealing with are professional it is a straight forward process. Risk can be managed with the kind of investment product you choose to invest. If preservation of capital is your preference, there are projects/investments to plan for such a goal. My perspective is if you can afford the investment, you can save yourself a decade of waiting game. You will invest the amount else where even if it is not for EB5.

These concerns were following reports of litigation involving Korean families, who had several years previously taken the EB-5 visa route and subsequently discovered legal issues relating to the particular program they had invested their $500,000 capital with.Thanks for the info, I have carried out considerable research into the EB5 investment programmer and have even been to visit one of the regional centre in San Bernardino in California, which is run by CMB.