Advice needed

snafu

Registered Users (C)
GC Experts,

My first EAD is set to expire on the 20th of Feb. My first AP is also set to expire around the same time. I'm in the process of moving from Michigan to Maryland. I haven't vacated my apartment in Michigan and have moved into a new apartment in Maryland.

I'm not sure if I have to notify INS of the change of address first or apply for the 2nd EAD/AP and then notify.

What would be the consequences in either of the scenarios?

When should I inform INS about the change of my address.

I-140: ND - 12/22/2003, AP - ???
I-485: ND - 01/12/2003, AP - ???

snauf,

Since you have possesion of the mailbox at your new address, use that on your EAD and AP applications. You need apply soon if you do not want a break in your EAD/AP. (Maybe its already a little late for that).

Change your address soon also just so all the addresses are consistent. I guess a day or two difference in both your actions is no big deal, either way you decide. Legally, you need to inform USCIS within 10 days of your address change.

musiclover,

Thanks. I think I'll first apply for the address change and then apply for the renewals.

snafu

Both are independent ... apply your EAD/AP now with new address... and then call INS toll-free no. to update 140/485 and any other databases with new address ... each applicant will have to call individually to change address over phone.