Advice about Lawyer - Need Help!!!!

orchis

Registered Users (C)
We paid our attorney 10 days ago for Green Card. (commencement of the case) It's the same lawyer who worked to get my husband's H1B visa. The H1B process went fine.

Does anyone know how long it can take the lawyer to apply for prevailing wage and have an answer? Is it normal for the lawyer to need 10 days to prepare? My attorney says their specialization is 50% immigration and 50% real estate. My mentality is - if you pay for a service, then it should be carried out quickly and professionally.

Should we be patient, or should we try to call the lawyer more often so that things get going? What do you think?

Thanks!

Call your lawyer. You need to stay on top of your case. I learned the hard way. From my understanding it can take up to 2 weeks to get a prevailing wage answer. I got mine in less than 2 weeks. Good luck!

I'm confused

Actually, the lawyer did not do anything so far, with the exception of sending the employer a table with questions such as the address of the company or a job description for the job we apply for. Probably preliminary questions to help the lawyer determine more about the case.

We met her on Sat and she said she would start moving things on Tue. We called yesterday and she said she didn't have a chance to be in the office, but that she would begin today. :confused:

My husband thinks we should call weekly, at least at the beginning; I thought the same thing you suggested -- that we need to call like right now.

Thank you!