Advantage of a US born child for parents’ immigration and EADs?

rgoyal

Registered Users (C)
Advantage of a US born child for the parents’ immigration and EADs?

I have a US born child who is a pre-schooler. I got my labor approved in RIR category, and have jointly filed I-140, EAD, AP, and I-485 in EB2 category with California Service Center for my wife, a foreign born child, and self in the end of May 2003. My I-140 application seems to be on hold, which is affecting my wife's and mine (interim and regular) EADs.

Does the fact that we have a US born child help us in any ways for our US immigration and EADs? Any one who knows about it is requested to kindly let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by rgoyal
I have a US born child who is a pre-schooler. I got my labor approved in RIR category, and have jointly filed I-140, EAD, AP, and I-485 in EB2 category with California Service Center for my wife, a foreign born child, and self in the end of May 2003. My I-140 application seems to be on hold, which is affecting my wife's and mine (interim and regular) EADs.

Does the fact that we have a US born child help us in any ways for our US immigration and EADs? Any one who knows about it is requested to kindly let me know.

No, you have absolutely no benefit of a US born child until the child turns 21.

Unless you are being deported and can prove that the US citizen will have to face considerable hardship if that happens. In which case your deportation could be cancelled and you can apply for AOS

US born child can sponsor their parents if they are over 21 and if they have sufficient money to support them. So it's long way to go.