Advance Parole

vinsus

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have a valid H4 Visa till end of May 2005 and I have filed for my I 485. Can I file for AP in Feb 2005 (for travel and re-entry to US after May 2005) ?
If I need to leave leave the country on my H4 Visa in March 2005 without the AP, can I come back on my H4 Visa before May 2005 ( when my H4 expires) ?
Any experience or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

vinsus said:
Hi

I have a valid H4 Visa till end of May 2005 and I have filed for my I 485. Can I file for AP in Feb 2005 (for travel and re-entry to US after May 2005) ?
If I need to leave leave the country on my H4 Visa in March 2005 without the AP, can I come back on my H4 Visa before May 2005 ( when my H4 expires) ?
Any experience or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Yes, you can use your H4 to enter US, anytime before its expiry, although there may be a question at the POE about why the expiry is so soon after entry. At that time you have to tell about your 485 or if you have aplied for H4 extension, about that. Also, please note that if you apply AP, you should wait for its approval before leaving, coz for AP to be valid it has to applied AND approved before departing the US.

My advise to you would be to apply for AP right away (next few days) and use that for travel in March, as that should be approved before you leave.