Advance Parole

queries

Registered Users (C)
Hi all
I came on visitors visa and then changed my status to student and then to H4 status on the basis of my husband's H1 status. He came on student visa. I dont't have H4 visa stamp in my passport and my husband doesn't have H1 visa stamp in his. We just received our Advance parole and EAD documents on basis on pending I 485. As we don't want to go to US consulate in India to get stamping in fear of rejection as I came on visitors ,we were planning to travel to India on basis of Advance parole. However, we have always maintained immigration status.

My questions are as follows:

 Would we be allowed to re-enter US by the immigration authorities in India and at the port of entry in US on the basis of advance parole documents, taking into consideration that our current status is H4 and H1 which doesn't expire till Mid 2006?

 Do we have to reappear for a visa interview with the US consulate in India or our advance parole documents would suffice the purpose?

I will really appreciate if anyone gives a reply.

Travelling on AP

You should not have any problem. H-1 stamping on passport is only required to re-enter into USA. Since you guys already have a Advance Parole Document which itself is an authorization to re-entery to US, so you guys don't need any H-1 stamping. Just make sure one thing that you guys never been out of status for more than 180 days in the past.

Enjoy your travel.............have fun