Advance Parole related...

Priya_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My I-485 is pending and I will be going for a month long vacation to India. I will be re-entering the U.S. based on my Advance Parole.

These are some of my questions, could you please let me know the answer to them?

1. What documents must I carry with me other than my passport and Advance Parole?

2. I have 3 copies of the Advance Parole, how many copies will be taken by the Immigration Officer at the port of entry?

3. Does the Immigration Officer stamp on the Advance Parole and give it back to me?

Thanks a million,
Priya

Priya_GC said:
Hi All,

My I-485 is pending and I will be going for a month long vacation to India. I will be re-entering the U.S. based on my Advance Parole.

These are some of my questions, could you please let me know the answer to them?

1. What documents must I carry with me other than my passport and Advance Parole?

Passport and AP should be enough. I remember I brought I-485 and 140 receive notices with me too. But they didn't ask for it.

2. I have 3 copies of the Advance Parole, how many copies will be taken by the Immigration Officer at the port of entry?

I have 2 copies and they need all of them. I suggest you bring all of them.

3. Does the Immigration Officer stamp on the Advance Parole and give it back to me?

They stamped on my two APs and didn't give me back.

I came in from Detroit on this Jan from China.

One more, you have to wait on the "special process" Line. We waited on the regular line first. The regular line can't process ours, they ask us to wait on the special line. That made us miss our next airplane.

Thanks a million,
Priya

Last edited by a moderator: