Advance Parole Question

gcmani

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have been waiting for 485 approval for almost 2 years now.
I used Advance Paole once during last year and it is expired now. I will be getting new Adv Parole next month

I wan to find out if there is any limit on total number of times I can use Advance Parole to go out of the USA and come back before 485 approval?

Some friend of mine told me that we can use AP only total of 2 times before 485 approved. Is it true ?

No limit on the number of entries

Typically, AP can be used multiple entries, there is no limit.

Since INS issues only 3 (I think) copies of AP , many people think that it can be used only as many times. At the port of entry, they are supposed to take a copy of AP each time you enter the country. But when you are left with only one original copy, they are supposed to make a photocopy and keep that for their records and return you the original copy to be used in future (of course when it is still valid).

Hope that helps.

Did they give you one year since the approval date or the original date you requested? Since the backlog, it takes almost 6 months to approve it, if they give you one year since the application date, we don't really have much time left.

three copies

Originally posted by liul
Did they give you one year since the approval date or the original date you requested? Since the backlog, it takes almost 6 months to approve it, if they give you one year since the application date, we don't really have much time left.

They issue it in three copies the first time. One copy goes to the Airline, another at the port of entry, etc..

In the I-131 application thre is a place where you ask for "multiple trips/entries".

Yes, there is a problem with the date of issue on APs, since they are not back-dated like the EAD.

reasons for AP

What are you using for reason for Advance Parole? My wife hasn't seen her family in 9 months, and basically would just like to go home for 1 month and again for the Holidays this December. Do I have to state more in my application??

I have the same concern. It is stated in I-131 that AP is used to travel abroad for "emergent personal or bona fide business reason".

Does BCIS consider family reunion as emergent personal reason?or we should rephrase it in some other way in the cover letter to ensure AP approval? :confused:

Anyone who has successful experience, please advice. Thanks a lot in advance!

My experience on AP

AP2 applied on Nov 15th 2002 and no responce so I went to local INS (Newark) two times as I have a personal business to be taken care in India and also to attend a marriage. The first time they denied the application saying that it is not an emergency and asked me to come later. The second time they did not even take the application they sent me out from 2 nd floor. Now my lawyers sent the papaers to VSC requesting them to expedite the case. And my lawyers are saying VSC is very picky in issuing the AP. Donno what that means but I have to go .... :) I am struck here -

Re: My experience on AP

Originally posted by gcinfeb02
AP2 applied on Nov 15th 2002 and no responce so I went to local INS (Newark) two times as I have a personal business to be taken care in India and also to attend a marriage. The first time they denied the application saying that it is not an emergency and asked me to come later. The second time they did not even take the application they sent me out from 2 nd floor. Now my lawyers sent the papaers to VSC requesting them to expedite the case. And my lawyers are saying VSC is very picky in issuing the AP. Donno what that means but I have to go .... :) I am struck here -

I am also trying to get my AP expeditated. Looks like they won't issue AP anymore in the local office. My AP is pending for over 5 months now.
I need to attend my brother's marriage too. Plz post ur expereience, I will do so too.