Advance Parole Lost in Mail. what to do?

n2201

Registered Users (C)
I & wife applied for AP on 7/23/01 I received it wife did not. The Automated system says AP is approved for me and my wife on Nov 2.

Lawyer faxed query 11 days back no response.

I personally went to the local San Jose INS office the officer calls us after 14 days that is wait for 6 weeks from date of approval gave us an appointment so don\'t have to wait in line. officer said talk to my supervisor then and that person will decide what to do. She did not know if they can do anything but said be prepared to pay $93 again for the new Advance parole. Also said if I have my plan and ticket with me it might help. I have not yet booked tickets, Should I ?

I saw another person who had an emergency and the local office said they can not do any thing because the application was filed with CSC. I have a similar case, my application is also with CSC.

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much

Similar issue

I faced the same situation. My AP came but my wife\'s AP lost in mail. We went to San Francisco INS and nothing worked.
Sent a FAX inquiry to CSC, but received a reply that the AP was approved and mailed. They suggested to re-apply for AP. So we reapplied and We are still waiting for the second approval. First AP Approval was on 5TH July2001 and now waiting for the second AP (RD-09/24).

I think this is a ridiculous situation. Why can not INS issue a new paper COPY for an approved case? I am ready to give them extra photo copies. All records are there with CSC but they asked for a new application and the funny part is the second application (I131) still goes for a standard approval process (69-70) days.

We had to cancel the INDIA trip and lost a good amount on canceling Tickets.

I will suggest if you are not planning for India Trip don\'t apply for AP and wait for your I484 approval. If you tell this to your lawyer, they will always suggest to apply again but please keep in mind that it is going to take 3 more months.

Thanks for your response.

I am going to go for second time on 14th dec as said. Let me see what happens. My FIL is not in his best health at this time so I am very much interested in getting AP.

AP lost in mail the complete story.

Here is what happened in my case. Hope it helps other.

14th Dec I went to INS San Jose office and told them about the not received AP 6 weeks since the date of approval as I had heard in the Automatic system.

It took me the whole day to finally reach the office at the window. She looked at my case and said there is little she can do and asked me to fill out new application. She told me it would take 2 weeks for her to process which is the normal time taken by the San Jose office.

I told her we wanted to travel on the 25th Dec. so she sent us to her supervisor upstairs. we dropped the paper work in the window 2. The office picked it up and was very kind and polite he said this should not have happened and said he is going to approve it at that time and give us the AP but it was already time to go and the cashier was closed. Note this is not duplicate but a new one.

So he called us on Monday Dec 17. We returned on Monday and this time it was another office who looked at the papers and said this is not an emergency that you have to go and it is such a short notice he can not do any thing. you will have to return on Dec 21 and he will only give it on that day.

Finally we got AP on DEC 21.

We had to again pay the $95 fee for it.