Advance Parole & EAD filing

ImmiCrap

Registered Users (C)
Ok, here is the scenario. I am not from India or China..My labour will be filed in Perm in the next few weeks in EB2. I can file I-140 and I-484 concurrently. I would like to know if I can file for advance parole and EAD along with that as well or will I have to wait to I-140 approval. I know that in non concurrent filing you have to wait for I-140 approval but in some posts here I have read that people have filed for EAD and AP along with their concurrent filing.

What do the experts here have to say? Any thoughts

GreenCardVirus said:
Yes, you can file 140, 485, AP, EAD all at once.

This is correct. Right now you can file I-140, I-485, AP and EAD at the same time. However the USCIS is going to phase out concurrent filing probably later in the year, so if your PERM doesnt get approved before that you may not be able to apply for concurrent filing.

Any idea when they plan to discontinue concurrent filing? I am hoping I'll have perm approval before end of this year..Why do they do all the crappy stuff quickly and delay all the better things forever

ImmiCrap said:
Any idea when they plan to discontinue concurrent filing? I am hoping I'll have perm approval before end of this year..Why do they do all the crappy stuff quickly and delay all the better things forever

This is just a guess, but I'd assume that soon after establishing premium processing for i-140s. I don't think discontinuing concurrent filing is such a bad thing, specially if you are going to have premium processing of I-140s. Fast I-140 approvals means you'll be able to file for I-145 much sooner than before. USCIS goal is to approve all applications in less than 6 months.

APs and EADs are probably just automatic once you file I-485 and they must look much at your paperwork with those. Remember though, that they can be revoked if your I-485 is denied.