Advance parole at Pittsburgh Ins

klaas

Registered Users (C)
Went to the Pittsburgh local INS for advance parole and they said that they do not process any advance parole or EAD and it has to be done at VSC. (this rule came last friday prior to that it took 3 days to get advance parole)

RD is Aug 9th so i had hoped i would get the approval before I travel on 2nd july but ....
Q 1. I have a valid H1 until 2003 but do not have a stamp on my passport so is it okay to travel without advance parole and get my passport stamped at bombay and return on H1 rather than Advance parole.

2. If I apply for Advance Parole now and do not get the advance parole before i leave the Local Ins person said I could have some one mail it to me and i could use that.
but what if after I leave 485 is approved and advance parole is not
so INS will not give me advance parole so how would i enter ??

Any suggestions ???

thanks

so are you saying that i can get advance parole at any center even if i live in pittsburgh?

Sincere opinions requested

Hi gurus,
Here is my situation. I-485 of both myself and my wife transferred to
local ins office in Newark/Teterboro NJ. Probable reason is that my
wife was arrested/fingerprinted because of a misunderstanding with
a store in NJ. This happened after we applied for I-485,so we couldnt
mention it on the application. She went through the trial and the
judge fined $250 and thats it, there was nothing else. The charge was
\'Prohibited acts\' which is a misdemeanor. Other than this her records
are extremely clean.

We spoke with a couple of lawyers, all of them seem to think it ok.
By law it requires 2 instances of arrest/conviction for INS to reject
I-485 and also the probable sentence should be atleast 1 yr. Lawyers
say that we should say the truth and produce the disposition letter
from the court, when we are called for the interview.

If you know anyone who has been in a situation like this or similar,
please share with us.

thanks

I am planning to go...but now, it seems...

that i should apply at VSC. any idea how long it is taking these days?

i would suggest to go to Pitt INS again to just to reconfirm. Sometime it depends on officer too, I don\'t know.

Let me know if you could able to get .

Thanks
r2b.

Pittsburgh INS

I teach at Pitt and had problems with the local INS--they refused
to do an EAD for me, and also (it transpired) for another
professor on campus. I spoke with the University\'s international
advisor and she said it wasn\'t the first time this had happened.

Evidently the people at the front desk do not always have the right
information. Your lawyer (if you have one) will have a number to
get through to one of the IIOs there. If you teach at one of the area
Universities, they also have this information.

The last time I checked (yesterday) Pittsburgh INS supposedly
offered Advance Parole but who knows if they give this to
employee-based petitions.

Good luck.

Peeps

No Title

Well they said they offered advance parole until last week but as of last friday they stopped. they do advance parole for family based or other cases but not for employment based catagories. My lawyer says i should just send it to Vermont.

Pittsburgh AP

I think Klaas you should reconsider about your travel as there is a lot of heat going on in the India. There is the weather heat as on of my colleagues described that sitting in the taxi with shorts as a desi american burnt his hind side that he had to sleep all the time prone. then the heat of the war that is going on where from are you actually in the india if in the mumbai region then scare of the high rise building and in the border state of the indo pakistan then the scare of the bombing and with black out with no electricity and no fan/Panka/AC/Cooler tauba tauba kya hoga aane vala to aayega hi aur jane vala to jayega hi so why make the situation so difficult for you and the family.

you have waited for so long so be patient and let the heat die down till then there is going to be some decision on your 485 ( as there is light at the end of the tunnel that is what I see with august RD\'s)and you can go peacefully rather than keep thinking

tauba tauba kya hoga aayega ke nahi approval aagaya ke aaproval and all that kind of stuff and also your travel could be one full of tension rather than the relaxing one and you may come back in all the more tired rather than relaxed. So reconsider and think about your travel plans what will be the best route to take. I stongly suggest that.

I have been waiting too preety patiently and am homesick too but what to do Vatan choda hai to kuch to takleeph hogi hi aye mere vatan ke logon

Did Pitt INS tell you why they stopped issuing AP?

This is worrying as I don\'t have AP but would like the option to
travel if something goes wrong at home or I need to for work.

Is it related to the security issues? And is it temporary or
permanent?

Once again, we EB types see family-based petitions get priority...

the lady said

that they no longer give advance parole and Ead for employment based applications as they are applied at the VSC. they only entertain peeple who have applications at the local office that is family based applications or refugee or asylum stuff.
this is what upset me that i got my advance parole couple of months back in the same place witin 2 days and did not get it for my kids as i was not travelling and did not want to spend 300$ for no reason. now when we have made plans to travel and went for parole the rules changed overnight.

As of today it is permanent ... never know when they change their minds

so at this point it makes more sense to have advance parole ready in case of emergency travel

No Title

Hey Klas,
         Don\'t worry about your AP, you can travel on your H-1 if its still valid, Advance Parole is not required for H applicants and there dependents it is stated on Murthy\'s website here is the link
http://www.murthy.com/UDnewins.html
I hope it helps, I also have a friend who recently travelled to India in April 2002 and came back on his H-1 visa, his I-485 is pending since Dec 2001.

Wow.

Thanks for the info. I am sorry to hear about your travel plans...
I didn\'t even think the local INS was all that busy, so its pretty
surprising.
Do you know if they would issue AP for emergency travel? I can\'t
afford AP or travel right now, but hoped the option would be there
in dire emergencies...

I hope you can salvage something for your trip.

Peeps

no they do not issue even for emergency travel.

we would still have to apply at vermont. I spoke to an IIO at vermont. she said send the application by Fedex and call once I know that it was delivered. I would need to give them the tracking number and explain my situation to the IIO and they will expediate the processing. "they do not guarantee but will try".

Well so I sent it on friday and know that it was delivered yesterday so I will ask my lawyer to call today and see what happens. It feels horrible!

That is appalling

How inhumane. What if you have a family emergency?

I guess the security protocols now prohibit even the minimal
humanity that used to exist at the INS. Given the cost of AP, I
never applied when I could get it at Pittsburgh INS, but only
because I believed I could, in an emergency, get immediate
travel authorization.

Is this the case nationwide or just a Pittsburgh thing?

Peeps