Advance parole advise pls.

ramyaraj

:) Hi there!
If anyone could help me out with the below queries pls....I've been waiting for I-485 approval for quite some time now. My H-1 has expired in June 2003 My RD is Jan 30, 2002---VSC. I've already renewed my EAD twice, and it's been almost 3 yrs since my visit to India.

1. Would like to know how long it would generally take for an AP to get approved?

2. If we had already applied for AP earlier, and did not travel in that period; and if that AP has expired, would that help in making the current AP application processing any sooner?

3. Would travelling on an AP prove as any hinderence to my I-485 processing?

4. If my I-485 gets approved when I'm out of the country, can I just return and get my passport stamped or do I have to get it stamped as soon as it is approved? :confused:

5. It's already more than a year since I had had my fingerprinting done, and I've not received any notification to go for 2nd finger-printing from INS yet ; would an expired finger-printing cause problems when I re-enter on AP?

Appreciate your advise.

Thanks a lot
Take Care,

RamyaRaj

ramyaraj said:
:) Hi there!
If anyone could help me out with the below queries pls....I've been waiting for I-485 approval for quite some time now. My H-1 has expired in June 2003 My RD is Jan 30, 2002---VSC. I've already renewed my EAD twice, and it's been almost 3 yrs since my visit to India.

1. Would like to know how long it would generally take for an AP to get approved?

2. If we had already applied for AP earlier, and did not travel in that period; and if that AP has expired, would that help in making the current AP application processing any sooner?

3. Would travelling on an AP prove as any hinderence to my I-485 processing?

4. If my I-485 gets approved when I'm out of the country, can I just return and get my passport stamped or do I have to get it stamped as soon as it is approved? :confused:

5. It's already more than a year since I had had my fingerprinting done, and I've not received any notification to go for 2nd finger-printing from INS yet ; would an expired finger-printing cause problems when I re-enter on AP?

Appreciate your advise.

Thanks a lot
Take Care,

RamyaRaj

1. No one knows. VSC is processing around Nov or Dec 2003 for AP right now.

2. No - it will make no difference.

3. No. It is meant for AOS purpose only.

4. Not a problem, you will be asked at POE to get it stamped(at local office), if approved. Keep sweets ready for POE officer - just in case... :D

5. If FP Is not recd in time, your 485 will be stalled, that is all. You can still enter USA if AP is valid.