Adress Change

Vicky1010

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Could anyone let me know how to apply for address change. What is the procedure. After applying for address change what do we need to do whether the address has changed or not?.

You have to fill in AR-11 form, which you can download from USCIS website. Send it to the address specified in the form. This form says will change your address in Dept. of Homeland security's system and not with USCIS applications.

****Very Important: Call the customer service and update your address. If you do not call, you wont get your address changed for the applications you filed. Also make sure, you tell them about the applications pending, like I 485, I 765 and all other applications. They may make a mistake in making one system and not all. So make sure, they change in all applications you have with them in pending status.

Once it is actually changed, you should get a letter from USCIS stating that you have requested for address change to your new address.

Do not leave them until you get this letter, only when you get this letter, it is for sure, they have changed your address in their system. You may call them more than once to make sure.

When I called, I did address change for my husband also, but he did not get the letter, only I got the letter and found out, they did not change for him. So make sure, you get for each individual applicant's application gets the address change.

Baski555

Thanks for ur reply. Could anyone let me know what is the best way to call VSC center. I mean what options do I have to choose during the telephone call inorder to speak to the custermer rep.
Thanks

When you call the customer service number, they have an option for address change. If you choose that you will be fine. They have problem replying only for status and other related quetions and not address change.

Ar-11 does not change the address on any of the application pending with INS like I485..You have to call them for address change .

Hi Allstate,

If possible, ask your wife to call them to check the address change. I felt that even though these reps say they can change it for our spouse, I think they dont do a good job.

When my husband called them, we got the response.

Thanks
Baski555

Allstate said:
Hi Baski555,
Thank You somuch for your posting on your address change experience.
We have the similar problem now.
I sent AR 11 and called USCIS for me and my wife (pending I 485 Applications). He noted all the information, including my wife's Receipt number.
But only I got the confirmation letter 10 days ago.
After reading your posting, i am going to call them ask about my wife's cofirmation letter.
This forum always been useful throughout our GC journey.

Thanks again,
Allstate