Administrative Processing. Please HELP

goodkarma1702

Please help.
I petitioned for my mom to live in the United States. My mother had her interview today at the Russian embassy. Since I didn't not have enough income, I had a joint sponsor. His income was way more than enough to qualify for a joint sponsor ( More than $50,000 in 2018). During the interview, the officer told my mom that we need to find other sponsor. My mom offered the officer to look at the joint sponsor's income taxes, but the officer refused t look at them. He only told her that I ( the daughter) do not qualify to be a sponsor, so we need to have another one. Would you happen to know why they did not except the joint sponsor. What are the reasons. And lets say I find another sponsor, how do I know they accept a new sponsor. I checked visa status and it says administrative processing( follow the steps the officer told you during the interview). I feel it is strange that he didn't accept a joint sponsor and requested a new one without any explanation.

i don't think we have enough information to be able to answer why your joint sponsor wasn't acceptable - could be anything like not submitting acceptable documentation, not making enough to cover all his own family members plus your mom, has maybe already sponsored other immigrants so 50k is not enough, etc. I agree though that it is hard to know if a new sponsor will be acceptable if you don't know why the previous one was rejected.
When you say "My mom offered the officer to look at the joint sponsor's income taxes ", it does make me wonder if all the required supporting documentation was filed though. Can you confirm that it was? By the way, many embassies are now only accepting IRS tax transcripts as proof of income and tax paid, so if these were not submitted that may be a reason.

i don't think we have enough information to be able to answer why your joint sponsor wasn't acceptable - could be anything like not submitting acceptable documentation, not making enough to cover all his own family members plus your mom, has maybe already sponsored other immigrants so 50k is not enough, etc. I agree though that it is hard to know if a new sponsor will be acceptable if you don't know why the previous one was rejected.
When you say "My mom offered the officer to look at the joint sponsor's income taxes ", it does make me wonder if all the required supporting documentation was filed though. Can you confirm that it was? By the way, many embassies are now only accepting IRS tax transcripts as proof of income and tax paid, so if these were not submitted that may be a reason.
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. We submitted his Affidavit of support, his HR block filing. We did not submit the IRS transcripts. He filed his taxes as single, no dependents. He works for a company, but considered as self-employed. I guess this is how his company runs the business. The company provided a letter that he has been contracted with the company for more than 10 years. So he doesn't have W2 or pay stubs since he is self-employed.The joint sponsor is my ex-husband, so he sponsored me more than 7 years ago. Since that time I applied for the citizenship and received it. The NVC accepted all the documents. So the only way to prove his income right now would be the IRS transcripts and the letter form the company confirming his self-employment. The officer asked my mother about our relationship with the joint sponsor. My mother told him that he is my-ex husband and her ex- son-in law, but we still communicate. After that the officer told my mom we need to find another sponsor since I ( the daughter) do not qualify. It He didn't say the joint sponsor doesn't have sufficient documents, but told her that I do not qualify. It is so confusing.

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. We submitted his Affidavit of support, his HR block filing. We did not submit the IRS transcripts. He filed his taxes as single, no dependents. He works for a company, but considered as self-employed. I guess this is how his company runs the business. The company provided a letter that he has been contracted with the company for more than 10 years. So he doesn't have W2 or pay stubs since he is self-employed.The joint sponsor is my ex-husband, so he sponsored me more than 7 years ago. Since that time I applied for the citizenship and received it. The NVC accepted all the documents. So the only way to prove his income right now would be the IRS transcripts and the letter form the company confirming his self-employment. The officer asked my mother about our relationship with the joint sponsor. My mother told him that he is my-ex husband and her ex- son-in law, but we still communicate. After that the officer told my mom we need to find another sponsor since I ( the daughter) do not qualify. It He didn't say the joint sponsor doesn't have sufficient documents, but told her that I do not qualify. It is so confusing.

I think the problem is that you didn't give the transcripts, as you didn't have W2s etc. I don't know enough to know about self-employment letter etc but NVC strongly recommends IRS transcripts and as I said above, I know more and more embassies require them now.
They have certainly tightened up on what they accept vs 7 years ago. Did you check the "financial evidence" section here? https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...e-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

SusieQQQ, I really appreciate your answers. I see that now. Even though I didn't submit the IRS transcripts to NVC, my mom had the IRS transcripts with her during the interview. However, the officer didn't want to look at them. I wonder why he didn't offer to send the IRS transcripts or any additional documents to the embassy. Instead, he just told her to find another sponsor and send all the documents to the embassy via courier service.

I think the problem is that you didn't give the transcripts, as you didn't have W2s etc. I don't know enough to know about self-employment letter etc but NVC strongly recommends IRS transcripts and as I said above, I know more and more embassies require them now.
They have certainly tightened up on what they accept vs 7 years ago. Did you check the "financial evidence" section here?

I really appreciate your answers. I see that now. Even though I didn't submit the IRS transcripts to NVC, my mom had the IRS transcripts with her during the interview. However, the officer didn't want to look at them. I wonder why he didn't offer to send the IRS transcripts or any additional documents to the embassy. Instead, he just told her to find another sponsor and send all the documents to the embassy via courier service.