Adjustment of Status

sabisudh61

I have a Approved I-140 with a priority date of October 19, 2009 from my previous employer School District. I am a Teacher and changed my employer in 2017. I did not file the Green Card with the current employer School District. Will I be able to file Adjustment of Status when my priority date becomes current.

Only if the previous employer that petitioned you is still extending an offer to employ you after you immigrate. You would need the petitioning employer to sign an I-485 Supplement J to confirm that they are still planning to employ you, along with your I-485.

OR you can you go with new employer who is willing to sign supplement J. You need to pick option B under supplement J

OR you can you go with new employer who is willing to sign supplement J. You need to pick option B under supplement J
You can only port to a new employer after I-485 has been pending for more than 180 days. When you file I-485 (and when I-485 has been pending for less than 180 days), it must be the petitioner of the I-140 that is offering you employment.