Adj of status/CP which is better, for my wife?

green guy

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am in my final stages of my green card process... got my FP done in March of this year and got my RFE now from VSC for which my attorney will be replying in a week or two. I just recently, ie last week, got married to a girl who is here on H1B visa. Now what is the best way to go about applying for green card for her? Perhaps there are two options here:

1. File for adjustment of status, EAD and advance parole for her here in the US.
2. Do consular processing for her at India( we are both indian citizens)

Which is better/faster? what are the pros/cons of each? Approximately how long does each process take. I live in the east coast. If going for option 1, I guess I should file her I485 at Vermont, though my wife was working at California and has family ties there. If I do consular processing can she still get an Employment authorization?

Any suggestions/ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to go through this and GOOD LUCK....

No Title

If you had asked me this question a year ago then I would have recommended CP. However, since the AC21, the difference between I485 and CP has begun to blur. Still, if you have gone through your documentation thoroughly and you feel everything is good and in order, I would recommend CP. Who knows, the service centers could slow down again with the 485 approvals,, atleast till now CP approvals have been steady and maintaining the pace which is far better than I485.

Hope this helps
Bhanu