Address for Plastic Card

warr

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

Just wanted your advise regarding the following. I am told that you can be asked as to where the plastic card needs to be sent to as part of the stamping process. A few of my friends have submitted addresses of their acquaintances who have a house, so that they can move to any other address if the wait is longer than expected.

My question is, whether telling BCIS that your card receipt address is different from your current address constitutes a "Change of Address", or these are two different things?

In addition to Warr's question, what about if the card receipt address is in a different state not under CSC, will there be problems arising from that ?

I may get transferred to another state but still within the same company.

-wac02098

warr said:
My question is, whether telling BCIS that your card receipt address is different from your current address constitutes a "Change of Address", or these are two different things?

Yes, it's definitely "change of address", but this change is only for your green card processing (i.e only your I-485). This change is limited to USCIS and does not apply to DHS AR-11. You need to file AR-11, in case you move.

wac098 said:
In addition to Warr's question, what about if the card receipt address is in a different state not under CSC, will there be problems arising from that ?

I may get transferred to another state but still within the same company.

-wac02098

I don't see any issue. The news address can be any valid address anywhere within USA.