Address Changed and RFE issued Urgent help

gcnightmares

Registered Users (C)
I think I am in strange situation. 10 days back I called USCIS to change my address and they asked me if I moved in to the new house.
Since it is a new house we bought and I said no but will move in 3-4 days.
She said to call them back to change the address after I move.
But I have updated the postal department of the change of address.
Right 2 days after I called USCIS they issued a RFE on me and my wife.
Since the mails for my wife will be redirected after Jun 15 she was safe and I received hers RFE at my old place I have not received mine.
For me USPS redirect should start on Jun 10 2006.
Now I dont know what happened to my RFE. The new and old address are under the same postal Zip, and I should have had the RFE even with redirect.
And it has been 9 days since they have issued the RFE.
Will my postal dept redirect my RFE to the new address
What is my situation, what will happen if the US postal dept do not redirect and send it back is that possible.
Need Help
Tks
GC Nightmares

Psotal Address

You should not be worrying much dude, i can understand the eagerness to find what is there in the RFE. The only thing u will face is u will waste some time for usps to deliver to ur new address if u want to wait till then, your mails will not get lost at all.
The other thing you can do is, you can walk in to the post office that address come under and ask them if they have received any mails and held with them, they will definitely check for you. I have done that earlier and i have received from them in person too.
You should be find dude, Good luck

And again u will have almost nearly 2-1/2 months to reply.

Thank you

Its just that I was worried about the USCIS mail is sent back to NSC as it had a changed address.
Customer service rep at NSC told me that it is not legal to redirect uscis mails based on the redirect mail provision that worried me.

if 14 days have passed after receiving the email from USCIS, then you can directly contact the customer service and request them to send the RFE to your new address. They will send it within 7-8 days of that.
Also, they will ask you to fill AR 11 form, which I assume you have already filed after changing to new address.

I don't think it's an RFE. I guess it's just those worthless follow up mails USCIS sends after you contact them. Since you contacted USCIS for an address change, they might have send you those mails.

Mine is lost...

I got RFE (no changes in address) and the mail is missing. I am in the process of contacting them to remail the RFE.

To contact a NSC Officer:

1-800-375-5283
option

1-2-6-1
enter your LIN# and press 1 for correct

then enter option 3 then 4 it will take you to NSC office/officer

Hope this helps !!

I saw some changes to my Approved I-140. Filing date I-140/485 July,04 140 approved May '05. Any idea guys what it could be? Is it a RFE or close to approval?

My PD July '03, NSC. Any Inputs will be appreciated.