Address Change

reddy12

Registered Users (C)
Does any one know what impact will it make on my case, if I changed my address from one apartment to another apartment but it's same location (worcester to westboro), I have filled my I-485 about a year ago, at Vermont Service Center, got my FP, AP and EAD.
is there any problem to change address..and also what kind of form I have to fill up and intimate to INS.
Please let me know the details.

Thanks in advance for ur valuable info....

There is a possibility of getting an rfe, If you get an rfe than you can get the approval.
I recommend to move, if it is going to trigger a rfe. If not, that is also fine.

reddy12,
It does not impact anything. Just make sure you call the NSC 800 number and let them know of your new address. Also file AR-11 for all members of your family.

I recently moved in the first week of Nov. Our I-485's are pending at VSC. I called the NSC and gave the customer service rep my new address and also sent in my AR-11 form. After about a month I received a confirmation from VSC that the address change has been applied to our I-485 applications. The confirmation I received from VSC has been copied to my lawyer also.

The 800 number for the National Service center is (800) 375-5283 and AR-11 form can be downloaded from here http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/ar-11.htm

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what happens when you move out of service center. Does the files get transferred automatically when AR-11 is filed?

We had called NSC800 number and filed AR-11 in September. My I-485 was approved and stamped before that, but my wife's application was pending. Now she received 2nd FP notice at the old address in VA. We are now in CA. When I called the 800 number to ask whether she can go for FP here, they took our change of address again and asked me to send the fp notice back with a note to reschedule in CA. She wasn't sure whether the files get transferred.

Please let us know if anyone has experience with rescheduling FP in a different state than on the notice.

Thanks
raks

rak0205,
I think you can just try to walk in to your closest service centre and do your FP. There are many cases on this forum like yours. Try doing it early.
Nobody knows that whether your file will get transferred or not. The worst which will happen is an interview to your service centre after the move.

Thanks Gambler,

Today we visited San Jose ASC. They did the FP without asking any questions. When we told them that our application is in VSC they said they will send the FP results to VSC. We are lucky that there were very few applicants today.

Raks