Address Change

frust2004

Registered Users (C)
Could someone please explain how to file for a Change of Address??? Should we call the service center and use the AC11 form too???

frust2004
Fill AR11 form for each of your famil member and mail it with a reciept an dasave the recipt. After mailing give a call to your Service center and get changed. You can not change you wife/husband change of address, the concerned person has to talk and do. While giving a call keep your A number with you.

good luck

plastic_card said:
frust2004
Fill AR11 form for each of your famil member and mail it with a reciept an dasave the recipt. After mailing give a call to your Service center and get changed. You can not change you wife/husband change of address, the concerned person has to talk and do. While giving a call keep your A number with you.

good luck

Thanks Plastic_Card,
The "A" number is the one on the I-94 DEPARTURE RECORD Right??

I am doing my address change through my Lawyer

I moved to new location and when I told to my lawyer, she told me fax the AR11 copy and told me she will do whatever she has to do for address change without no charge. Not sure whether this is the right way or not? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks
I140 - Oct 07 2003 - Pending
I485 - Nov 11 2003 - Pending

frust2004 said:
Thanks Plastic_Card,
The "A" number is the one on the I-94 DEPARTURE RECORD Right??

Sorry, thats wrong. The A number can be found on the I-485, EAD, and AP receipt notices. It can also be found on approvals of the above. A number is only assigned when you file I-485 and not on filing I-140. You may also get an A number if you were on F1 and used opt, but this A number is different from the one which you get for filing AOS.

gc_illusion said:
I moved to new location and when I told to my lawyer, she told me fax the AR11 copy and told me she will do whatever she has to do for address change without no charge. Not sure whether this is the right way or not? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

I gues you do not have to worry about the i-140. But for I-485 I would personaaly call USCIS and inform about address change. Sending an AR11 form does not change address on your pending application.

gc_illusion said:

Thanks

Yeah,My lawyer did my address change with no cost.I received the notice from USCIS after a couple of weeks.Looks like that's one of the safe and best ways to report an address change.

sertra2002 said:
Sorry, thats wrong. The A number can be found on the I-485, EAD, and AP receipt notices. It can also be found on approvals of the above. A number is only assigned when you file I-485 and not on filing I-140. You may also get an A number if you were on F1 and used opt, but this A number is different from the one which you get for filing AOS.

Serta,
Thanks a lot.

I filed the AR11 and called up the Service Center 1-800 # to update my address. I did update my EAD and I-485 to the new address.
However, they said my company or the attorney have to call them to CHANGE THE ADDRESS on I-140 and I-290B applications.

Did your attorney call up to change the address on 140??? or is it really necessary to change the address on these applications???

Thanks