Address Change with USCIS

natz79

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Employment based 5-year GC application.

It so happened that we *had* to move after fingerprinting is done. Couldn't avoid it; I know it's a grave mistake; but would like to know what is the best way to change the address and moreover getting confirmed that it is indeed *changed* in their files as well.

Would like to know the best way to do this; update the address by using the phone #, or thru web, or should I set up an appt. with the local DO where fingerprinting is done and get it changed with them. Address forwarding with USPS is already submitted and active.

Thanks much for all the help!

Best!

If you moving within your District Office, it's not gonna be a problem
If you moving to different State your case will be transferred to another DO and it's gonna take another 3-4 month before they will start working on your case in DO, because you have to establish a 3 months residency at DO
Hi,

Employment based 5-year GC application.

It so happened that we *had* to move after fingerprinting is done. Couldn't avoid it; I know it's a grave mistake; but would like to know what is the best way to change the address and moreover getting confirmed that it is indeed *changed* in their files as well.

Would like to know the best way to do this; update the address by using the phone #, or thru web, or should I set up an appt. with the local DO where fingerprinting is done and get it changed with them. Address forwarding with USPS is already submitted and active.

Thanks much for all the help!

Best!

Hi,

Thanks much; sorry for not mentioning that; took care of that condition already. It's the same zip code and County.

Hi,

Thanks much; sorry for not mentioning that; took care of that condition already. It's the same zip code and County.

Then it should not be a problem. The only thing you need to pay
attention to is to make sure USCIS will contact you using your new
address.

Hi,

Did that thru the web; and it redirected me to another URL if I have a case pending; so, updated both places. Is there a way to call the cust. service to verify that it is indeed changed? Couldn't find any option to speak to a cust. rep. in the 1-800 # that they printed in the notices.

Thanks!

I managed to get someone (a living person) at that number some 5-6 years ago, to correct the mispelled first name on my green card application. I can't remember how I managed to do that, however. Sorry. :)

Hi,

Form AR-11 doesn't change your address for your pending application, YOU HAVE TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS