Address Change, what happens?

Flyer729

Registered Users (C)
What actually happens when you change your address in your case? Does the USCIS assigns a new RD and puts it at the end of the pile in the new location where it was transfered?

So your DO is going to be different? I don't know if this would help at all but I was in a slightly similar situation. Since the beginning I knew that my DO was gonna change (From Boston to Hartford) few months into the whole AOS process since I am moving to a different state next month. My husband and I went to talk to a lawyer and he recommended that we should already chose our DO as Hardford. We were able to do that only because my husband was living with his parents down in CT while I am still in school in MA. Bottom line is that the lawyer suggested this because he said that the process of changing your DO might add like 6 months to the waiting time. He said that anyone would think that it would just take a couple of days to mail the package over but in reality in really complicates everything.

Now, if your DO stays the same, it shouldn't affect your application in any way. Just make sure you update USCIS of your address change filing out the appropriate forms and call the 800# multiple times to make sure it did change in the system. I've read of many people that their notices or even GCs were mailed to their old address so they never received them.

Yes, I had to change my DO from Orlando, FL to Kansas City, MO. I had to do it, there was no other choice, but I talked to an officer in my local office and she said that it should only take 3 to 6 months to get my GC. Even if 6 months is added to that, I think it will be faster that the Orlando, FL DO, which is the worst DO in the country. Thanks, for your response!