Address change seems to have not taken place

sep26

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had changed my address by calling Service Center and also filing AR11 after moving to the new location. I had received a mail from INS saying that the address has been changed on my 485 file.

But, my second FP notice still went to my old address and got forwarded to the new address. However I got the second FP done at an ASC near my new location. During FP too, I gave my new address.

I am in confusion as to whether my address has been updated or not. I look forward for your valuable suggestions. Thanks in advance.

My details:
ND: 9/26/2002
FP1: 11/1/2002
FP2: 4/1/2004
EAD1 and EAD2
AP1 and AP2

don't worry I was in the same situation. the fact that they forwarded your notifications to the new address your address was updated.

I was in the same situation when i had moved. I have moved 5 times since filing.

I also took 2nd Fp's at my new location and they did not give me any problems.

Thanks Tufan.
The notice got forwarded by the US Postal Services though my mail forward request with USPS was 8 months old. Do you still think that the INS has my new address updated on my 485 file?

You had mentioned earlier that you received a mail that your address was updated? If that's the case then yes it was updated.

It's strange that USPS forwared those notifications, because as per the law they are allowed to forward any government document and for the same reason my notifications were returned back to VSC. And when VSC got my request(they usually update in 3 weeks or so) then they forwarded my notificaitons.

Don't worry, it's taken care off. It also does not hurt if you want to request one more time. I have done address update 3 times for the smae location and i have only heard 1 time back from them with an update letter on standard piece of paper.