Address Change Receipt Letter from VSC...FYI

gc_lotto

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I got a mail from VSC and anxiously opened it thinking it was my approval :( .. but, it was actually an Address Change receipt letter from the VSC.

VSC acknowledged the receipt of my address change(which I filed in the first week of Jan'04). It said that my address change was received on 16th Jan, the letter was dated 31st Jan and I received it on 7th Feb. It went on to say that, my case will take another 60 days to process.

The nicest part was, there was a note saying please file your AR-11 form and they attached a copy of the same (for my convenience). But, I had filed my AR-11 in Jan-04 itself. I received my spouse's receipt letter also in the same envelope.

My RD : 22-Feb-2002
2nd FP: 17-Sep-2003

Has anybody received such a letter before??

NICE

Have filed AR-11's before, have not got any response. Also informed by phone, no acknowlegement.

How did you file your address change request?

Simple

Hi VSC_Babu,

When I moved in Dec'03 end, I fedex'd completed AR-11 (one each for me and my spouse) forms to USCIS address-change office.

Additionally, I fedex'd a letter stating my A#, EAC#, old and new addresses to the VSC. I called NCSC after 2 weeks and verified if my address change was effective.. they said no and I updated my address change by phone with the representative.

I think the 2nd act, actually updated my address and sent out the acknowledgement letter.

Originally posted by gc_lotto
Hi All,

I got a mail from VSC and anxiously opened it thinking it was my approval :( .. but, it was actually an Address Change receipt letter from the VSC.

VSC acknowledged the receipt of my address change(which I filed in the first week of Jan'04). It said that my address change was received on 16th Jan, the letter was dated 31st Jan and I received it on 7th Feb. It went on to say that, my case will take another 60 days to process.

The nicest part was, there was a note saying please file your AR-11 form and they attached a copy of the same (for my convenience). But, I had filed my AR-11 in Jan-04 itself. I received my spouse's receipt letter also in the same envelope.

My RD : 22-Feb-2002
2nd FP: 17-Sep-2003

Has anybody received such a letter before??

I got letters for both me and my wife when we notified INS last year. I got it in the first attempt but my wife had to call them thrice before she got the ack.

Now that you mention it, I remember I did received this kind of letter before.

I changed my address last November, and in late December, I received a letter from INS, saying that they learned from the local INS office that my address has changed, and ask me to update my address with them. The letter came with an empty AR-11 form.

I was totally confused at that time.

1. I didn't file my address change with local office, but with the national processing center. I sent the letter to them, but now they are telling me they learned it from Boston INS office?

2. If they already knew my new address, why did they send me this letter asking me to file again?

I basically did nothing and the letter is still lying in my shoebox of immigration docs.

Yes, the same events happened with me.
I mailed AR-11 ; one to VSC and one to London ,KY(this place is supposed to be the center which deals with address change ).
Then i called to make sure they knew about it and they did not.
Then they took info on phone and then i got a letter from VSC acknowledging the address change.

Never Got Letter

I did not get letter from USCIS confirming my address change. Did something go wrong?

Re: Never Got Letter

Originally posted by Paranoid
I did not get letter from USCIS confirming my address change. Did something go wrong?
I received the letter from CIS about the confirmation of change of address. Service representative was telling me please call back if you do not receive confirmation letter. Call them and inform them again.