Address Change - Please Comment ( Urgent )

kannan

Registered Users (C)
Hi
  I moved from Boston ( VSC ) to Indiana ( NSC ). I want to know whether I can call the INS for address change or give my friend address in phili area. Since he is in a permanent position Can I tell the INS his address. Please post ur replies.

Thanx
Kannan Ramanathan

No Title

Do two things for address change.
1. Provide your new address to your old post office to forward all mails to your new address. They may charge you a small fee if you want them to forward all mails for a year or so (and that\'s a good idea!)
2. Call INS and tell them your new address.

Hope this helps.

No Title

Hi
  Since I am in a new location ( Nebraska area ) but I filed my 485 from Vermont ( My company is also there ). What should I do ? Still Can I give current address bcz my company is in East coast.

Kannan

No Title

Dear Kannan,

I moved from NJ to GA after filing for 485. My lawyer wrote a letter to INS (VSC) stating that So and So with this receipt number and this A# has moved and provided my new address. I called VSC (802-527-4913) after two months just to make sure it is really changed and it was fine. They had my new address on the computer. But my FP notice did not arrive. But lawyer got the FP notice which was asking me to go to NJ for finger printing. I called VSC (at the above number) IIO said I can go to the nearest FP location (Application Service Center or ASC) and explain. I did the same and they accepted my finger prints without a single question.

VSC says they have my new address. Because, FP notice is sent by a different system (which is not updated for address changes), I did not receive the FP notice. They say that is the reason they send a copy to the lawyer. Anyway, FP went fine.

So, all you need to do is write a plain letter with basic info like receipt # and any other identification info (including your name) and writer to INS. My lawyer wrote a separate letter for each applicant.

KiranHegde

No Title

Are NJ and GA all within VSC service area? What if you have to move
between centers such as VSC and NSC? Do you know if VSC will transfer
your case to another center? And about how long this may take?

jerry

No Title

No. NJ and GA are not in the same service area. GA comes under TSC. But once your 485 is filed, it will continue at the same center even if you move.

No Title

Thanx Kiran

Is it Kiran worked in madras some time back. I had a friend named kiran in Adyar, Chennai studying with me

Kannan